You are hereSYC Racing
Join us as we race our 2015-2016 season in one of the following series or regattas:
Sync the Racing Calendar with your mobile device.
Check the series links below for race details, results and schedules, or check our Race Calendar for a list of all race dates.
Sequoia Yacht Club Racing Program
Sequoia Yacht Club hosts a variety of racing events throughout the year. The times and dates can be found on our Race Calendar.
While competitive, the goal of racing at SYC is to foster sportsmanship, friendship and seamanship. There is usually a barbeque or dinner after each race where racers can gather to discuss the wind shifts, bay currents and winning/losing strategies over a beer.
The major series sponsored by Sequoia Yacht Club includes:
- Redwood Cup - Mike Reed
- Winter Series - Cathy Moyer / Kathy Conte
- Single/ Double-handed Racing - Peter Weigt
- Wednesday Night Sunset Race Series - Jenny Thompson
- Summer Series - TBA
- Soda Can Series - TBA
SYC also sponsors a number of other races, some of which are held in conjunction with PICYA, including:
- St. Patrick's Day Race - TBA
- Los Gatos Invitational Challenge Race - TBA
- Moonlight Marathon - TBA
- Westpoint Regatta - TBA
- Hannig Cup - Jenny Thompson
- Barth Memorial Regatta - Andrew Rist
- South Bay Championship - TBA
- CHISPA & Youth Regatta - Larry Mayne
- Corkscrew Slough Regatta - Larry Mayne
- Sequoia Time Trial - Peter Weigt
See the individual racing pages for more details on each of these races. The club extends an invitation to any non-members who wish to join.
The Racing Rules of Sailing
Use the link below to read and review The Racing Rules of Sailing.
Race Documents for the 2015-2016 Season
Please see the documents attached below for more detailed information.
Documents for Racing
- SeqYC 2016 Notice of Race: The complete racing schedule for the upcoming season.
- SeqYC 2016 Standing Sailing Instructions
- SeqYC 2016 Redwood Cup Sailing Instructions
- SeqYC 2015 Beer Can Notice of Race (Not yet available)
- Skipper Entry & Release Form - 2016 - Required for paticipation in Sequoia races
- Crew Registration & Waiver Form - 2016 - Required for participation in Sequoia races
- Pursuit Race Time Calculations: Spreadsheet used to calculate the start times for the Redwood Cup and Beer Can Series
- Instructions for Building a SeqYC Racing Mark using a 55-gallon drum.
|Skipper Entry & Release Form - 2016 (PDF)||85.17 KB|
|Crew Registration & Waiver Form - 2016 (PDF)||80.13 KB|
|Notice of Race - 2016 (PDF)||114.84 KB|
|Standing Sailing Instructions - 2016 (PDF)||281.97 KB|
|Redwood Cup Sailing Instructions - 2016 (PDF)||229.38 KB|
|Pursuit Race Time Calculations (XLS)||117 KB|
|SeqYC Racing Mark Construction||1.67 MB|